Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Psych Evaluation


Another item our state law requires us to do in order to have baby here is for all of us, B, N, Hubbs and I all had to have a Psychological Evaluation. At the beginning the counselor seemed quite skeptical. She normally meets with adoptive parents or girls who are giving up their babies for adoption. She kept telling us that she would talk with us and then advise on what extra treatment/sessions we would all need.
We all sat and talked comfortably as she asked questions. Almost everything she inquired about B and I or all of us had discussed. Everything was pretty clear. I am pretty sure we had the her crying quite a few times discussing while we discussed our reasonings for wanting to do this and how it all came about.
In the end it was really good to sit and talk, all 4 of us, and go over it all again. Being reminded of this little miracle we all created and helping to come into the world. The counselor said she felt that we were all very aware of what was going on and had it all figured out the best she thought we could and didn't recommend any extra treatment.
I know that through words I can't express how it all feels and what we are all going through, all I can say is it is so surreal, feels so right and I just feel honored to be apart of it. I am so grateful for the many small blessings I have had so far and how easy this pregnancy has been. I just pray everything continues to go so well. 

(September 8)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment