Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mean people Suck

Sorry for being gone so long!

I haven't known what to do or feel for the past month. I wrote a little post on my personal family blog about my decision to try and be the Sweets Baby Mama. Basically the post said that I had numerous spiritual experiences that has led me to the exciting decision to be their surrogate. I just wanted to let family and friends know that this was going to probably happen so when I announced I was pregnant and it wasn't hubbs they would know what was up :)

Well I got this anonymous comment


To say the least, it upset me. I felt Hurt. Angry. Shocked. Scared. Confused.

I think if I were to have gotten this comment on this blog it would of hurt but I would of accepted it more. BUT this came from my own personal family blog, so this anonymous person is someone I KNOW. Not only are they questioning and attacking my decision to do this but my spiritual experiences. I feel like they questioned who I am.

Besides this comment I have also gotten some "negative" feedback from some family and friends about this whole situation. All of that together totally discouraged me, not from being B and N's gestational carrier, but from sharing my experience.

I expected people to not understand, think its crazy and make comments like "I could never do that..." BUT I NEVER expected to feel like people think I am doing something WRONG or that I am a BAD person for doing this. That is the feeling I have gotten from a few.

I know, I know. I shouldn't care what other people think and if they think that way towards me then they aren't worth it, but I will be honest, I am sensitive. I live my life to please others. I can't stand disappointing people. I think being injected with all these hormones nightly doesn't help it much either :)

Well because of these few bad experiences I closed down, shut off wanting to talk to anyone about what was going on. I am afraid of how people may react or what they may say. I don't know what to expect anymore. It scares me.

After a month of stewing and trying to deal with it all, and get over it, I have realized that I have to move on. There are a few people out there, even some I know and love, who will never get it. They are going to be rude and say hurtful things. But I am not changing my decision and my immediate family all love and support me. B and N's family all love and support me.

Looking past the few people who aren't for it is an army of people who love me no matter what and realize what an amazing miracle is happening here (like my sweet friend who commented above the meanie).

So I am ready to move on for now and will be updating rapidly as so much has happened in this crazy adventure so far.

Thanks to you all who are out there supporting me, even if I DON'T know you. It means so much more then you will ever know.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I think what you're doing is amazing! I have been on the infertility road and it is a depressing one. People like you make the light at the end of the tunnel more visible. You give people hope. This is such a selfless act! You are amazing. Who ever made that comment has no clue and is an idiot in my opinion. We think you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that really sucks for lack of a better term. I am so sorry one of your close family members is so insensitive. You are doing SUCH a wonderful thing. Don't ever let anyone take that away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing the most amazing and selfless act for someone who has struggled to have the one most precious gift in life -- being a mom/dad! Never let anyone make you feel bad about what you are doing for your friend! Whether others can understand or not, the pain of infertility is deep and I commend you for helping her finally feel the joy of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why I hadn't seen a new post for a while, I was super excited to follow your blog as you make such a rare, and self-sacrificing journey! I'm just now seeing this post, so I can see I have some catching up to do! So sorry to see that others can be so cruel. I think what you are doing is amazing and you must be a very special person. Best Wishes!!

    ReplyDelete