Sunday, September 9, 2012

No turning back now

The Transfer!!!

B, Jean and I had such a great time! The road trip flew by. We laughed and talked for 3 days straight. Sitting by the pool, eating out and SLEEPING all night long WITHOUT being woken up by any of my children were some of the highlights :) It was so funny because more than a few times B and I would say the exact same thing at the same time or finish each others sentences. It truly is crazy how alike we are.

The transfer went so well. I had no idea what to expect so for any of you curious what exactly goes on in the IVF/transfer process I will tell you. We arrived at the Dr's office and waited. Then we were called back to our room and I was given valum. Pretty sure I never felt any different but I wasn't really nervous any way. I had to have a full bladder and it was full! I wanted to use the restroom so bad. B then signed a paper stating that they were implanting one embryo that was graded at  B2. The embryo was also a 5 day transfer. When the transfer time came the nurse was using the ultrasound on  my stomach while the Dr. inserted the cathader. Then the embryolagist brought in the embryo and announced that he was inserting one embryo of B's into me and asked if that was correct. The embryo was in a syringe that they inserted and pushed into the cathader. The embryo is actually in a water droplet that we got to see float down into my uterus. It was all very quick and painless.


For the next hour we sat there with my hips and legs propped up. After that I was on bedrest for the next 24 hours. B and Jean waited on me while we sat in our hotel and watched movies and ate treats. We did go to the store at one point and I rode around in the motorized carts. It was quite embarrassing and funny. Let's just say those people that use them frequently have got some skills.

Also throughout the whole trip we kept getting "signs" that it is meant to be (I know we are so silly) But honestly we kept happening to park in lot B on the 2nd floor and one time our spot really said 2B. And the biggest one of all the embryo was a B2. I just pray all goes well and hope that if it doesn't that we can all have hope that it will work out sometime.

On our way home the next day I was so exhausted and just know its cause my body is trying to grow a baby! So now we get to wait a week and a half for our first beta, but I am pretty sure I wont be able to wait that long and will do a home pregnancy test. I am a test-a-holic :)

(June 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment