Saturday, February 9, 2013

Funny Story

I know I have said before how much B and I are alike here. So I thought I would share this funny story (even though I am sure Hubbs would rather I didn't, hehe).

There was a short period of time back when Hubbs and I were dating that we took a short "break". Of course we never really stopped dating each other and couldn't stay away from each other and got back together officially pretty quickly. And since we were still involved with each other during our "break" we shared everything we did when we were apart.

Well there was this instance where Hubbs met this "hot" girl that worked at Lowe's. Hubbs loved the fact that she was wearing a Fox Racing shirt (he rides dirt bikes) and started talking to her about riding and bikes. She told him how her brother rode, etc. Hubbs and his friend had to go back to Lowe's like 3 times that day. Finally on the last time Hubbs got up the courage and asked for her number. She told him she had a boyfriend (who actually worked at Lowes too). I am pretty sure Hubbs was crushed.

Well Hubbs tells me this story and of course I am extremely jealous and hate this girl I don't even know.

Fast forward 3 months or so. We go to dinner at Jean's fiance's house to meet the family etc. We are eating spaghetti and his sister spills on her shirt and runs upstairs to change. She comes down wearing a Fox Racing shirt and I notice as soon as she comes back down Hubbs is all tense and starts acting odd. The first second we can leave he is all over it. I was so confused why he was acting funny.

As we pull out of their driveway Hubbs exclaims, "that is her!" I am like that is who? He says that is B.... I still don't get it. He tells me "that is the Lowes girl!" He didn't realize it was her until he saw her put on that Fox Racing shirt!

Oh my goodness, I just laughed! Of course by this time Hubbs and I were back together so this whole jealous thing was past. Little did I know that in the next few months to come I would realize JUST how much alike B and I are. We even attract the same type of men!
Photobucket



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. Hubby and I are high school sweethearts and broke up one summer, but still did everything together.

    P.S. We are into racing. (More hubby than me) We have a ton of Fox shirts, in fact I'm wearing one now.
    Lol.

    ReplyDelete