Thursday, March 29, 2012

At the DI with Jamie

Jamie is a DI junkie. She loves going to the DI and looking for furniture, frames, lamps and mirrors that she can one day re-do. She has a collection of old, unfinished furniture in her garage and basement. I believe she has started on two pieces but hasn't quite finished them. I would guess she has close to 20 not touched yet. Jamie is good at haggling the DI people and always gets a good deal, I love going with her.

Lately we have been running errands together when we can. While we were out we stopped at a couple DI's. So we get inside and for some reason right there I blurt out "Have you ever just had a feeling you should do something and it seems crazy but you can't deny that you feel it?" She begs, "What is it". "It is so hard to explain but I don't know if I have ever felt something pushing me to do something so strongly in my life, ever. I think I am supposed to have B's baby." Jamie looks at me and says "I am shocked... ... ... it is odd to say but you are right, it feels right but I am shocked!" We talk, and I get all emotional about it standing in the middle of the DI. I can honestly say this was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had, in the DI. Once again my feelings are verified to me that this is right. Jamie tells me she is getting goose bumps. She can feel it too. Half of what she is saying about her thoughts and feelings are things I have already thought and said. She gets it. Is this real?

In the end we leave the DI with a settee for me, a hutch and two lamps for her piled in the back of my truck. As we drive down the freeway I look in the mirror and watch the lamp shade blowing and think to myself "Oh my gosh, this is really going to happen. I am going to try and be a babymama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment