Friday, March 30, 2012

I LOVE my OB

But I absolutely HATE its staff. With CutenessBuns and LittleDarlin I used the same OB practice. I love the Dr's and completely trust them. Their office staff on the other hand just sucks. They forget to check me in, they don't tell me its a 2 hour wait cause there was an emergency meanwhile my children run around and scream in the lobby (lets face it, 2 hours in a dr office lobby sucks), they schedule wrong appointment times, they are rude and so unhappy you feel bad for bugging them.

If I had their job I would try and be upbeat, come on, more then half these patients are coming in because they are pregnant. As a patient your Dr's appointments are exciting and you look forward to them because you are coming in to hear or track your littleones progress.

Well with that said my experience with them recently was nothing but more suckiness. I called because I wanted to meet with one of my OB's to talk with them about the risks and their thoughts of becoming a babymama so soon after having LittleDarlin and the possibility of getting pregnant 6 months to a year after the Sweets babe is born. Well the receptionist wouldn't schedule me an appointment when I told her I just had questions for the OB when she had asked what my appointment was for.

So she sent my call to the nurses station. The nurse asks why I am calling. I proceed to tell her that I just had a littleone 3 months ago and that I am considering becoming a surrogate and wanted to talk with an OB about how long I should wait in between and the risks. The nurse goes off. I should wait AT LEAST one year in between pregnancies and they can't tell me if everything will be fine and I need to give my body time to lose the weight and do I even have insurance? ........ What? Ya, she asked that. I should of told her its none of her damn business but in the moment I was kind of taken off guard so I just answered yes.

Finally I ask her if I can, or can not have an appointment to talk with an OB. The nurse sends me back to the scheduler and says to schedule a preconception appointment. Funny thing is there are no openings for over a month. Reluctantly I take the appointment at the end of April and hang up.

Immediately I call Jean to complain that the OB office is so ridiculous and its a good thing the Dr's are good. When I was telling her about it I realize they never even took my name or DOB. How did they make me an appointment? More so how am I going to go over a month without answers? I can't wait that long. Jean brings to my attention that the nurse was probably set off when I said something about surrogacy and she probably thought I was in it for money. Well I'm not and so what if I was? Again non a her business!

I am so mad, now I have to figure out another way to get my questions answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment