Tuesday, March 27, 2012

testing the waters

It keeps running through my mind that I may need to test the waters of what others opinions are and will be about this situation. I think I need to test these waters BEFORE I talk with B. The things my family has to say and what they feel about the matter will play a big role in if I do this. I need to know their thoughts on it to make a final decision.

I don't want to tell B and N that I am even considering being their surrogate unless I am 150% sure I am going to do it. I do not want to get their hopes up if I change my mind. I know they would understand but I don't want to do that to them.

In the past when the subject has been brought up its always been in a very casual manner. Surrogacy is not something I think people are very comfortable with. I have heard comments and probably have made some myself of how it is odd, crazy, risky, not worth the health of the surrogate, etc. But now I feel differently. Now it is a possibility of a reality. It seems special, magical, selfless, will bring more joy then can be imagined, totally worth it.

So, I need to test the waters. See if I can brake peoples casual thoughts on the topic and bring out true thoughts and feelings. Where will I start?

No comments:

Post a Comment