Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Told the parents

I stood at the top of the stairs listening to them talk with Xbear about a lesson Xbear is going to teach for dad on Sunday, the parents will be gone fishing, my heart was pounding. Was this the moment? The golden opportunity? I told myself to just go down there and if you say something it will be over with, if you don't you can get up the courage to do it when they return.

As I sat there gathering my words I got those same strong feelings. I knew it was time to tell them. I asked them to think about something while they were gone and proceeded to tell them that I have been feeling very strongly about something for quite sometime and I have never felt the spirit so strong over a matter. They all looked concerned. My mom said "You look like your going to cry." I replied "I am." Before I new it I had pored my heart out.

It definitely wasn't as lengthy as my previous conversations but got the point across. To my complete astonishment they were fine with it, completely fine. Dad even said "what did you think, that we would be mad?" That's EXACTLY what I thought. Mom said she was proud of me and they both said they would totally support me. If I felt that I needed to do it then its up to me (obviously, but their support and encouragement means SO much to me).

Xbear and Dad both said they were glad that's "all" it was. That's all, that's all? I just told them I was going to have someone else's baby! They both thought I was joining another faith and didn't believe in our religion anymore or something more serious. Mom thought I was leaving Hubbs or something. Hahahahaha. So I guess in the end they were all just so relieved that it wasn't something tragic.

I feel like I can breathe now and that my decision is more solidified. I love the parents so much and can only hope and pray that I can be such amazing parents to my chitals. To gain my chitals respect and have them hold me in such high regard is a goal I hope to obtain one day.

So I guess the next item of business would be to tell the Sweets.

2 comments:

  1. yay I am so happy they took the news so well and give you total support. In my opinion that just signifies how "right" your decision is! I can't wait to hear your friends reaction when you tell her!!! I hope you know this is like reading a intense book, and having to stop to go to bed lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was so relieved. I know what you mean about the book thing, except I am living it! It is so crazy how everything has changed in my life so fast and I have no clue how it will turn out.

    And Thank you for your support! It feels great to know there are other people out there rooting for me!

    ReplyDelete